This winter was nothing, especially when compared to last year. And yet, I don’t think I’ve ever been more excited for Spring! It might be because we’re in a new house and I’m in a new phase of life (uhh…adult?) but there are so many things I can’t wait to accomplish this Spring. Although Mother Nature appears to have a different idea with the fresh layer of snow she just laid down..
Today, I’m sharing seven things I’m looking forward to now that Spring has sprung!
- Outdoor Time. Now that the weather is getting warmer, I love making everyday events a bit more special by bringing them outside. If it’s warm enough in the morning, I’ll sit in the backyard with my cup of coffee and a good book. I’m excited to spend evenings on the patio with a glass of wine and yummy meal. One of my projects this spring is to hang up string lights to make the nights even more magical!
- Long Walks. I’m lucky to live right near both an arboretum and nature center, each filled long trails through the woods. Each afternoon (I’m working on changing that to mornings but that darn snooze button..), I throw on my sneakers and latest podcast and head for the forest.
- Dresses. There is just something so free and feminine about dresses that I love. And, while I do wear dresses all year round, it’s easier to throw on a dress when I don’t have to think about tights, boots, and coats to match. Pairing a fun dress with bright colors and sunnies makes for a happy and confident day.
- Iced Coffee. Alright, I live in New England so there is no wrong time of year for iced coffee. That said, there is nothing better than that first iced coffee on a warm day! I live on iced coffee during the spring and summer.. YUM.
- Plants Blooming. I get so excited when I see fresh buds on branches and flowers sprouting out of the ground after a winter covered in snow. The pops of color are refreshing after the deeper, neutral colors of fall and winter. My brother is also working to start an herb and vegetable garden so I can’t wait to see the results of all of his hard work. Although, right now he is away and it’s my responsibility to take care of them so let’s hope they make it to his return. Any plant growing tips will be greatly appreciated!
- Restaurant Patios. Grabbing drinks and apps or a full blown meal with friends is such a fun treat, sitting outside makes it that much better! A cool breeze and plenty of people watching added on to silly conversation create a fun and lively atmosphere.
- Spring Cleaning. While the actual cleaning might not be fun, it sure is better in the spring than winter. Getting organized with all of the windows open and my favorite, upbeat songs blasting helps me feel refreshed and ready to tackle anything!
What are you looking forward to this spring? Let me know in the comments!