Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching, are you ready to spread the love?
This weekend share your love and gratitude with all the people whom you hold near and dear to your heart, not just your significant other! There are many ways to show your family and friends how much you love them. Unsure of what to do? Keep reading for a few ideas!
- Parents. Give your parents a token of your appreciation for all they do by surprising them with an Edible Arrangements (there a quite a few on sale this week!). This works even if you live far away because you can have it delivered to their house or office. Bonus: it’ll show them that all those years of “eat your fruits and veggies!” has really stuck with you! 😉
- Bestie. Meet up with your best friend for a Starbucks coffee date, or send her a gift card for a drink if you live far apart. Starbucks just released their signature Valentine’s Day drinks and people are already freaking out over them.
- Siblings. Did you and your siblings have a favorite candy that you’d beg for when you were growing up? Send your sibs some of their favorite candies and reminisce on how you dealt with your parents’ inevitable refusal of the sweets.
- Roomies. These are the folks that deal with you day in and day out, so they definitely deserve some love. Plan a fun night in this weekend with your roommates, either you cook dinner and she provides the wine, or you can work together to create a delicious meal (I’ve been eyeing this recipe). Pair it with your favorite romantic comedy guilty pleasure! 🙂
- Significant Other. Of course this is the most obvious person to shower with love on Valentine’s Day. If you haven’t already made reservations for dinner, restaurants may already be booked and will be expensive either way. Scratch the fancy dinner and plan a picnic instead! Depending on where you live, you can eat on a blanket in the park or, if the ground is covered in snow, move inside by the fireplace.
And there you have it! Do you have any fun plans for Valentine’s Day? Let me know in the comments. 🙂